- Julian Rocks - interesting info and good local id's.
- Australian Museum Fish Site -- lots of id stuff.
- Dave Harasti's Underwater Photo Gallery -- excellent resource of images and descriptions, huge concentration on Nelson Bay species. Archive of marine species magazine articles written by Dave. Also includes links to a Marine Species Database located in USA.
- Fish Base -- virtually every species of fish on earth. Search by family, genus, species. Pictures and video clips.
- Sea Slug Forum -- a site where you can ask questions and post information on sea slugs including nudibranchs, bubble-shells, sea hares and side-gilled slugs. Includes species lists, pictures, etc.
- Sea Slugs and other marine invertebrates of the Tweed-Byron coast, Australia. An excellent resource with photographs and descriptions of over 1600 invertebrate species.
- Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Australian Marine Conservation Society
- CRC Reef Research Centre
- HarbourKeepers (Sydney)
- Marine & Coastal Community Network
- Marine Education Society of Australasia -- their "Marine Links" sections is extensive.
- National Marine Science Centre
- NSW Marine Parks Authority
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- Reef Watch -- get involved, counting and identifying fish around the world. Subsidised travel available to qualified divers.
- Underwater Volunteers NSW - umbrella organisation for underwater volunteer groups in NSW
Other Dive Clubs Specialising in Research
- Byron Bay Underwater Research Group (BURG)
- Great Lakes Underwater Group (GLUG)
- Nature Coast Marine Group (NCMG)
- Port Macquarie Underwater Research Group (PURG)
- Underwater Research Group Dive Club -- Sydney (URG)
- Terrigal Underwater Group (TUG) Central Coast NSW
- Combined Hunter Underwater Group (CHUG) Central Coast NSW
- Jervis Bay Dive Club - Jervis Bay Marine Park
- Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre - Eden